The need for this service is more relevant now than ever, given the current economic times and the pressures facing grass roots football. The key principles behind the service are to provide football clubs with advice and practical solutions on a number of areas.
In Herefordshire we will be working with the IOG Regional Pitch Advisor, to provide visits to local clubs in the county. To qualify for a visit a club will need to own their own site OR be responsible for maintenance of the grass pitches.
- Access to expert advice at a substantial cost saving compared to an independent agronomist report.
- Pitch maintenance advice and support tailored to the needs, budget, expertise and equipment available.
- Potential to access external funding for pitch development and or maintenance equipment.
- Clubs complete and submit an Expression of Interest Form if they wish to join and commit to the 12 month programme. Herefordshire FA and the Regional Pitch Advisor may select/target a number of clubs depending on the availability of the Pitch Advisors.
- Herefordshire FA will coordinate the time and date of the first visit in conjunction with the selected club.
- Herefordshire FA will notify the Pitch Advisor of visits and all relevant details.
- The Regional Pitch Advisor completes the first site visit.
- A report is produced by the Pitch Advisor with a copy for the club and Herefordshire FA
- Club follows recommendations and actions.
- Feedback sought from club following agreed milestones and timescales, based on the recommendations provided by the Pitch Advisor
- Should the maintenance recommendations not result in an improved pitch or surface, there may be some further improvement work required on site and the club can discuss funding options with the Herefordshire FA, Football Strategy Manager, Roger Goodwin and The FA Regional Facilities & Investment Manager