We will be running an FA Mini Soccer Referees Course starting on Saturday 13th January.
The mini soccer referees qualification is a new course provided by the FA for those who wish to referee in mini soccer matches either with local youth leagues or with their clubs. The course is being held at the Herefordshire FA offices on Saturday 13th January 10:00 - 15:30
We are running the course in conjunction with the Herefordshire Junior Football League. As a result we are able to offer incentives to those who take the course by providing equipment for completing three Junior League matches. The league are also able to offer a refund of the course fee if referees go on to complete further matches.
This is a great opportunity to gain a referees qualification and enjoy all the benefits that this brings as a qualified FA Mini Soccer Referee. Refereeing is a great way to give something back to the game and the course is open to anyone aged 14 and over. Refereeing allows men and women, both young and old, the chance to stay fit, earn some extra money and get involved in local football.
A guided learning modular course with opportunities to referee during the course. The course will cover everything about Mini Soccer including the ethos of mini soccer, your role as an educator and how your role can develop in the game. At the conclusion of Module 5 you will be registered as a FA Mini Soccer Referee. If you then decide that after refereeing in 5v5 and 7v7 football that you wish to step up and become a full 11v11 referee then there is a 6 hour bolt on module to complete to add to your qualification.
The course costs just £50 which includes all the tuition, learning materials, safeguarding course and CRC. The course and is open to everyone aged 14+
10.00am – 3:30pm: Times of Modules 1-4
- Module 1 – Understanding Your Role in Mini Soccer
- Module 2 – Developing Your Role
- Module 3 – The Realities of Your Role
- Module 4 – Your Role as an Educator
These Four Modules will be delivered during the day and on successful completion of any CRC (Criminal Records Check – over 18 years only) or Safeguarding requirements (please see below) you will be required to referee a minimum of three Mini Soccer games, completing your Match Day Log. Once this has been completed and returned to the Course Tutor, you will be invited to attend the 3 hour Module 5.
- Module 5 – Mini Soccer Review Evening (3 hours) at which you will complete the Assessment of Law paper. Upon successful completion of this paper you will be registered with your County FA as a Mini Soccer Referee.
Book on NOw
- Safeguarding Children. If you are 14-16 years of age you will need to complete an online FA Safeguarding Children workshop. If you are over 17 years of age you need to attend a FA Safeguarding Children Workshop.
- FA Criminal Records Check (CRC)If you are over 16 years of age you must complete a CRC
For more information or if you have any questions please contact our Referees Development Officer Sean Dipple 01432 342179