In contemporary culture it is unheard of for valued services to be left in the hands of unqualified individuals or fledgling organisations. Faced with the importance of such choice, up-to-date qualifications, kite marks and evidence of results are seen as a necessity; with status and standing a preference. Why, therefore, is the suitability of those entrusted to ‘coach’ your son or daughter, or the players at your club, not afforded the same scrutiny? They are, after all, in a position of authority and influence, playing a part in shaping experience and behaviour.
The FA Coaches Club for Licensed Coaches
In August, 2011, The FA Coaches Club for Licensed Coaches was launched.
Through commitment to continued professional development, up-to-date learning and adherence to good practice, 'Licensed Football Coaches' will stand for reliance, trust and credibility within the game. Clubs, players and parents will have the assurance that their coach is suitably qualified and trained to manage a coaching programme.
What is an FA Licensed Football Coach?
An FA licensed football coach has met the criteria necessary to be given a license to coach from The FA. This means the coach will:
- Hold a recognised and valid English/ UEFA coaching qualification
- Have an FA enhanced Criminal Relations Bureau (CRB) check
- Commit to a minimum level of Continuous Professional Development (CPD) every year
- Retain in-date Safeguarding Children and Emergency Aid certificates
- Join The FA Coaches Club for Licensed Football Coaches.
Why should I become a licensed football coach?
With the playing styles, systems and trends of the modern game constantly evolving, licensed coaches will gain access to latest developments in the game, furthering their own knowledge and understanding to help their players meet the demands of the modern game. Through a culture of ongoing learning and development, coaches own self-esteem will be elevated, giving individuals the knowledge that their adopted coaching methods, styles and practices are ethically sound and meet the requirements of the modern game. The FA Licensed Coaches scheme provides coaches with the continuous training necessary to handle the growing demands of the game at every level.
What are the benefits of the FA Licensed Coaches Club?
- Official FA Coaching Licence ID card
- 20% Off FA Learning National Courses
- Free ballot to win two tickets for England home matches
- Free ballot to watch the England senior team train at St George’s Park
- Access to new online CPD courses and FREE local accredited CPD training events
- Dedicated FA Licensed Coaches’ Club feed on The FA Coach’s App
- Access to The FA Licensed Coaches’ Club, members only, website
- Free access to The FA’s new coaching area, Football Coaching
- Discounts off Wembley Stadium Tours, accommodation at the Hilton St George’s Park & Perform at St George’s Park facility hire
- Access to official FA Licensed Coaches’ Club merchandise
How much does it cost to join the FA Licensed Coaches Club?
The FA Licensed Coaches Club is currently FREE to join.
How can I join the FA Licensed Coaches Club?You can register interest now by visiting The FA Licensed Coaches Club web page.