1893 Herefordshire Football Association formed on October 21st
at meeting held at the Mansion House, Widemarsh Street and attended by
representatives of clubs throughout the County. It was agreed to affiliate to
the Birmingham and District Football Association.
The following officers were elected: President- Mr Tom
Carver, Chairman- Rev Leigh Spencer, Hon. Secretary- Mr H H Babstock.
Founder clubs were: Hereford, Hereford Thistle, Hereford
Early Closers, Hereford Juniors, Tenbury, Peterchurch, Builth, Leominster,
Builth, Builth Juniors, Kington, Berwick Rangers, Presteigne Town, Silver
Stars, Ledbury United, Bircher, Ludlow, Rhyader, Whitfield, Tupsley, Much
Marcle, Bromyard Excelsior, Worcester Rovers, Ross, Worcester Excelsior,
1894 Membership increased to 30 by the election of Ledbury
Victoria, Hereford Red Rose and Hereford St Peters.
Hereford beat Builth 1-0 to become the first winners of the
HFA Senior County Challenge Cup under the jurisdiction of the Association, and
Leominster defeated Worcester Excelsior 5-2 in the final of the HFA Junior Cup.
The Senior County Challenge Cup was inaugurated eight years
earlier when Hereford also won the trophy, beating Ludlow 3-1 in the final.
1895 Hereford beat Hereford Thistle to become the first
winners of the HFA Charity Bowl.
1899 Herefordshire Football League formed at a meeting at No
5 Hotel, Widemarsh Street, Hereford on August 15th.
1900 Herefordshire Football Association granted disciplinary
powers by the Birmingham and District FA to enable the Associations Executive
Committee to deal directly with any offences reported within the County