Nominate Your Grassroots Hero Now!
The FA and McDonald’s Grassroots Football awards are back!
Our County FA will be celebrating those people, clubs and leagues who make a positive difference across our communities. This is our chance to celebrate work that goes into the grassroots game – and say a big thank you to the incredible volunteers who inspire us to make the football better For All
Nominate your Grassroots hero now!
Nominations are open from 5 April until 10 May 2019. Anyone can make a nomination. Individuals should be nominated by someone else (not themselves), while anyone can nominate their own club and/or league.
To make a nomination visit www.thefa.com/mcdonaldsgrassrootsawards
The awards are split into 10 categorie
- Grassroots Coach of the Year
- Grassroots Supporter of the Year
- Grounds Team of the Year
- Grassroots Club of the Year
- Volunteer of the Year
- Rising Star of the Year
- We Only Do Positive Respect
- Grassroots Project of the Year
- Grassroots Match Official of the Year
- Grassroots League of the Year
The categories for this year’s awards are chosen to reflect the diversity of our football communities and the positive impact of football.
Nominate your grassroots hero now! Visit www.thefa.com/mcdonaldsgrassrootsawards
2018 Grassroots Football Awards winners
Last year we recognised the outstanding work and contribution of the following at our annual awards dinner.
- Coach of the year: Scott Myers
- Charter Standard club of the year: Ledbury Swifts FC
- Charter Standard league of the year: Herefordshire Girls League
- Match Official of the year: Zac Griffiths
- Supporter of the year: In Memory Of Pat Morrow
- Volunteer of the year: Simon Hall
- Youth volunteer of the year: Jake Bevan
If you know someone else who’s work in grassroots football deserves to be recognised then now is your chance to nominate!
The FA’s Progressive, Respectful, Inclusive, Determined, and Excellent, values and behaviours are the backbone of The FA and McDonald’s Grassroots Football
Awards. We’re looking for people who make these values part of clubs, leagues and local communities.
When making a nomination think about how you can evidence the difference and impact on those around them. You can see more about the award criteria at