After receiving an impressive number of nominations, local grassroots heroes have been selected as recipients of the FA and McDonald's Grassroots Football Awards for 2019.
The Grassroots Football Awards recognise and celebrate the work of individuals and groups that instil The FA’s PRIDE values – Progressive, Respectful, Inclusive, Determination and Excellent. They provide a welcome opportunity to celebrate the people, clubs and leagues who contribute and make a positive difference to the grassroots game.
The full list of Herefordshire FA Grassroots Football Awards 2019 winners are:
- Grassroots Club of the Year: Ledbury Town FC
- Grassroots Coach of the Year: Michael Seabourne (Ledbury Swifts FC)
- Grassroots League of the Year: Herefordshire Junior League
- Grassroots Match Official of the Year: Malcolm Johns
- Grassroots Project of the Year: Wellington FC Saturday Morning Club
- Grounds Team of the Year: Mark Lambert (Hinton FC)
- Rising Star of the Year: Cameron Fraser (Westfields FC)
- Volunteer of the Year: Ben Hince (Holme Lacy FC)
- We Only Do Positive Respect Award: Belmont Rangers
- HFA Special Recognition Award: Edgar Whiteley (Bromyard FC)
Simon Panes, Chief Executive of Herefordshire FA said: "The panel had a tough time deciding the winners this year after receiving a vast quantity of worthy nominations. Our Nominees have all shown dedication, commitment, patience, selflessness and inclusiveness, which have enabled so many others to benefit in our community and it is inspiring to see how many dedicated people there are out there. We are pleased to rightfully recognise those individuals and groups who put their heart and soul into the game. It is our chance to celebrate some fantastic work and say thank you for your contribution.”
On 5th June, The FA’s National Panel will meet to select national winners from the pool of County FA recipients and they will be formally announced at the 2019 FA Community Shield on in August. Herefordshire FA will also host an awards evening later this year to celebrate the local winners of the Grassroots Football Awards.
Herefordshire FA would like to congratulate and thank all the winners, nominees and other grassroots volunteers for their fantastic commitment and investment into Herefordshire football.