Passionate about grassroots football?
Want to make a difference to the game in Herefordshire?
Ready for the challenge to put the game at the centre of people’s lives?
At Herefordshire FA our role is to develop, promote, administer, and support football in the county. We organise and administer competitions, leagues and cups for our clubs, grow participation, educate coaches and referees and ensure everyone can take part in a safe environment.
With a brand new 3G pitch and a fantastic staff, we are seeking to recruit a dynamic Chief Executive Officer who will lead the organisation and drive the game forward at this really exciting time for the Association.
The successful applicant will:
· Lead the day-to-day running of the Herefordshire FA, ensuring the effective delivery of its business plan and strategic objectives.
· Manage budgets through appropriate systems and processes and allocate resources to ensure that the organisation operates within sound financial principles.
· Guarantee that safeguarding is embedded throughout the Herefordshire FA in accordance with safeguarding legislation, FA safeguarding policy, best practice guidance and education programmes.
· Ensure Herefordshire FA works within agreed organisational values and develops a positive culture.
· Oversee the successful operation of the new 3G pitch at the County Ground.
· Identify and maximise commercial opportunities in order to attract increased investment into both the Herefordshire FA and football in Herefordshire.
· Work with the Board of Directors on matters relating to finance, safeguarding, workforce, corporate governance, football development and services, marketing, communications, public relations and risk management.
· Act as an ambassador for football in Herefordshire and continually raise the profile, image and reputation of the Herefordshire FA brand amongst stakeholders.
· Ensure delivery of The FA National Game Strategy in partnership with key stakeholders and enhance the Herefordshire FA's major priorities:
- Providing a high-quality introduction to football,
- Developing clubs and leagues to meet modern players’ needs,
- Embracing all formats and engaging all participants,
- Recruiting, developing and supporting the football workforce, and
- Developing sustainable football facilities.
The successful applicant will need to be passionate and committed to the development of football at a local level; be able to work under pressure, handle multiple priorities and meet deadlines. They will need to demonstrate exceptional customer service, be able to work as part of a team with excellent planning, communication, and presentation skills.
The post is full-time (37.5 hours per week) and is based at Herefordshire FA’s head office in Hereford. Usual office hours are 8am to 4pm from Monday to Friday however flexibility is also required for occasional evening and weekend work.
To apply, please send a CV and covering letter to Darren Lawrence either by email to Darren.Lawrence@HerefordshireFA.com or by letter marked 'Private and Confidential' to Darren Lawrence, Interim Chief Executive, Herefordshire FA, County Ground Offices, Widemarsh Common, Hereford HR4 9NA.
For the full Chief Executive Officer job description and person specification please download using the link below.
For an informal discussion about the role please contact Stephen Willmot (Chairman) on 07813 107371 or Darren Lawrence (Interim CEO) on 01432 342179.
Salary: £40,000 - £44,000
Closing date: 9am on Friday 29th November 2019.
Interview Date: Wednesday 4th December 2019.
Due to the number of applications we are expecting to receive for this vacancy we are unable to respond to every applicant and as such if you have not heard from us by Tuesday 2nd December you should assume that you have not been selected for interview.
This position is subject to an enhanced CRC check.
Herefordshire FA is committed to achieving equality and fairness in employment and service delivery. We welcome applications from all sections of the community.
Job Description and Person Specification