Herefordshire FA is seeking to recruit a dynamic Chief Executive Officer who reports directly to the Board of Directors, via the Chair and who will lead a governing body of sport and associated team of staff.
The successful applicant will:
- Spearhead the strategic direction and culture of the Herefordshire FA and act as an ambassador for football in Herefordshire.
- Ensure Herefordshire FA works within agreed organisational values and consistently delivers against its strategic objectives.
- Lead the day to day running of the Herefordshire FA, ensuring the effective delivery of its business plan and strategy.
- Work with the Board of Directors on matters relating to workforce, finance, corporate governance, football development and services, marketing, communications, public relations and risk management
- Guarantee that safeguarding is embedded throughout the Herefordshire FA in accordance with safeguarding legislation, FA safeguarding policy, best practice guidance and education programmes.
- Attract increased investment into both the Herefordshire FA and football in Herefordshire by maximising assets and continually raising the profile, image and reputation of the Herefordshire FA brand amongst stakeholders.
- Orchestrate delivery of The FA National Game Strategy in partnership with key stakeholders and enhance the Herefordshire FA's major priorities:
- Providing a high quality introduction to football,
- Developing clubs and leagues to meet modern players’ needs,
- Embracing all formats and engaging all participants,
- Recruiting, developing and supporting the football workforce, and
- Developing sustainable football facilities.
The successful applicant will need to be passionate and committed to the development of football at a local level; be able to work under pressure, handle multiple priorities and meet deadlines. They will need to demonstrate exceptional customer service, be able to work as part of a team with excellent planning, communication and presentation skills.
The post is full-time (37.5 hours per week) and is based at Herefordshire FA’s County Ground Office at Widemarsh Common, Hereford. Usual office hours are 8am to 4pm from Monday to Friday however, flexibility is also required for occasional evening and weekend work. To apply, please send a CV and covering letter to Jonathan Walker either by email to Jonathan.Walker@HerefordshireFA.com marked 'Private and Confidential' or to Jonathan Walker, Herefordshire FA, County Ground Offices, Widemarsh Common, Hereford, HR4 9NA.
Closing date: 4PM on 31st January 2019.
Due to the anticipated number of applications we receive for the position, we are unable to respond to everyone. If you have not received confirmation of an interview by Friday 8th February, you have been unsuccessful.
First stage interviews will be held on 15th February 2019 and the position is subject to an enhanced CRC check.
The Herefordshire FA is committed to achieving equality and fairness in employment and service delivery. We welcome applications from all sections of the community.