This week the government have started mapping out a gradual reduction in the lockdown restrictions and return to normality. Our priority remains planning and preparing for the resumption of football at a time when it is safe to do so.
Clubs, participants and members of the football community have all been impacted by COVID-19 and we have been working with our key partners including The FA and Bluefin Sport Insurance to ensure football remains accessible for all next season. As a result, we are able to confirm a series of measures we will be putting in place to support football clubs in Herefordshire for the 2020/21 season.
- Club affiliation and County Cup entry fees will be reduced by 50%
- Herefordshire FA will continue to pay public liability insurance for each club at a cost of £25 per club
- Personal Accident Insurance fees will be reduced by 15%
- Affiliation fees will be deferred until we are advised that football activity is permitted to re-commence (the affiliation window will still open on 1st June for club volunteers to access and complete as they wish)
- Herefordshire FA have launched a new funding pot for clubs to apply for additional funds to assist with pre season preparations and new season running expenses
- As the county FA, we will continue striving to develop football across Herefordshire and support clubs, players, referees, coaches and volunteers as usual. If there are clubs or participants with specific needs or issues, please don’t hesitate to get in touch
We would also like to remind clubs that there is further national support available which we would always encourage all that are eligible to consider:
Herefordshire FA will continue to follow government and FA advice as we assess and prepare for a safe return to football. Please keep checking our website and social media for future updates. For more information please contact info@HerefordshireFA.com