Thanks to a successful application to the FA Innovation Fund, Herefordshire FA will soon be dropping by clubs like yours across the county to deliver a series of Club Development Visits.
These visits will involve members of the HFA team visiting affiliated clubs to offer bespoke support and development opportunities for club volunteers and coaches. The intention is to support clubs with their on-pitch and off-pitch development, assist with any queries and help club’s grow and achieve their aspirations by upskilling volunteers and coaches.
At these visits, HFA and FA staff will deliver workshops to club volunteers and committee members with FA Tutors and Coach Developers delivering CPD sessions for all the club coaches. Clubs can choose from a variety of topics for both workshops and CPD to tailor the visit to suit the individual needs of their club.
In 2019 Herefordshire FA ran a successful club development roadshow with 75% of clubs that attended confirming they would want a development visit at their club.
The Club Development Visits will:
- Upskill and develop volunteers and coaches to support your on pitch and off pitch development.
- Take place at your club at a time and day to suit volunteers and coaches
- Allow Herefordshire FA and affiliated clubs to share and learn from best practice and case studies
- Help clubs become more inclusive and connected with their communities
- Support clubs in achieving and maintaining England Football Accreditation
Topics include safeguarding best practice, grassroots technology, making your club inclusive and CPD options such as developing skilful players and benefits of small-sided games.
Herefordshire FA are now looking for clubs to pilot this programme by hosting the first HFA Club Development Visit.
To apply to be the pilot club please click here and complete the short form.
If you have any questions, or would like to find out more about the HFA Club Development Visits please get in touch.
p: 01432 342179